We have been retained exclusively to support Arenko in this critical strategic hire.
As Commercial Director at Arenko, you will be responsible for driving sales of our innovative software platform: designed to maximise revenues from some of the most agile, complex and technologically advanced systems in the world. You will define, develop and implement the sales strategy ensuring the business achieves its financial targets and business objectives. Target driven and highly organised, you will be responsible for pulling together the required skills and experience from across the business to deliver new sales to grow Arenko’s market share in the sector.
The energy industry is ever-changing, and our software platform plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. Your role will be key to ensuring new product features are marketed in a timely fashion to communicate to potential clients and penetrate the required markets.
All these tasks are performed in close collaboration with the operations, software and product teams. You will develop and execute a world class sales and marketing strategy with the freedom and responsibility to innovate and bring your ideas to life.
• Responsible for sales and gross margins, define, develop and implement the go-to-market and sales strategy ensuring the business achieves its business objectives and financial targets
• Responsibility for identifying, prioritising and securing global sales and partnership opportunities
• Responsible for delivering significant profitable sales growth year on year
• Lead and maintain the use of an effective sales process
• Report on sales pipeline and market penetration/opportunity to the wider business
• Build and communicate understanding of both the market and individual customer needs
• Liaise with the product team to ensure alignment of the product marketing strategy
• Formulate and execute effective company/product marketing initiatives
• Develop, maintain and manage relationships with new and existing clients and partners
• Drive high levels of customer service with a ‘close to the customer’ attitude
• Negotiate Contracts and close deals
• 8+ years’ experience within a similar role
• A self-motivated individual with a proven background in negotiating and winning complex service contract deals
• Experience in working in a commercial, sales, marketing roles within a software platform company, ideally within the energy sector
• A highly organised and adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills
• Able to demonstrate the ability to design and implement new sales operations processes, disciplines, governance policies and procedures
• Experience in leading a sales and marketing function
• Strong team player who is keen to make a difference and enjoys working in a goal-driven environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including: 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), flexible working arrangements, monthly socials and a commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives. Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.